Learn about the changes to In-Home Aged Care
You are invited to attend a FREE information session on in-home support services available for older Australians.
These popular events have been designed to inform older people and their families of the changes to Home Care Packages, carer supports and other government-funded and self-funded services.
Each forum includes a one-hour presentation, followed by light refreshments during which lifeAssist staff are available to offer one-on-one advice to attendees about the in-home support available for their personal circumstances.
We discuss many topics, including:
- Government-funded options for assistance in your home, ranging from short-term to long term options
- Homecare packages – what the February 2017 changes mean, how to access a package and more
- Where to start when choosing a service provider
- Self-funded options - to compliment Home Care Packages, or as an alternative
- Other programs and services available
- The support available for people who provide unpaid care for people 65 years and older
Forthcoming Forum dates and venues include:
Tuesday June 27th, 10.00am-12noon at the Hawthorn Arts Centre,
360 Burwood Road Hawthorn.
Attendance is FREE, but bookings are essential.
- To book to attend either of these FREE forums, please call 1300 ASSIST (1300-277-478).
- Similar events held earlier this year booked out quickly, so reserve your place today.
What people have said about these lifeAssist forums:
"I was very interested in the difference between assistance we get from the Council and what a Home Care Package is"
"Very informative and interesting"
"Thanks for the information. The presenters were wonderful. Will follow up straight away."
"A very clear presentation of a very complex system"
- "Thank you, thank you, thank you"